31 January 2013

I feel like a pin cushion!

I finally got my unfill today!!!
It was lunch time when I was done and all I had to eat in the morning was a banana protein smoothie. So I was hungry and shaky and almost passed out while I was being poked. Not a fun experience. For lunch I got chicken and re fried beans and had no problem at all with the chicken! It's been a long time since I have been able to say that, even when I had a good fill level.

I am not quite sure what the title of the lady who tried to stick my port first but she was horrible! She wanted to numb my port area first. I told her that she didn't need to. In retrospect I should have let her do it, I had no clue it would be so difficult. She poked me about 7 times and then went to get a surgeon. He had to poke me a few times as well before he was finally able to get the port just right. The pressure from them pushing and prodding was the worst part. I could tell that this is just a general surgery place and not a specialized place like my last surgeon just from her first couple of tries.  I will have a bruise in the morning if not later tonight. We decided that 1.5cc was a good amount to take out with being to over zealous about loosening things up.

They want to see me back 4 weeks after the baby is born so I can do a barium swallow and get some labs drawn so they know where we need to go from here, since I am a new patient for them. Sounded good to me.
I will leave you with what my port area looks like after the whole thing. I have never seen it look like this. You can already see the bruising start.


1 comment:

  1. Yikes! So sorry you had to go through that. I hope it goes away quickly. Feel better...

    ReplyDelete