15 December 2010

Baking Fool (with recipe)

I love to cook and bake, so part of this process with the band has left me yerning to get back into the kitchen. Last night I baked a ton of cookies, about 6 dozen maybe a little more. I made cookie cups dipped in chocolate and almonds and filled with a raspberry jelly. I also made sugar cookies dipped in chocolate and peppermint pieces. I had my husband try one of each when he got home, since I can't have them, and he loved them both. I made them for a party we are having at work. I thought I would share a picture of my creations so you can drool over them with me. I am also putting the recipe for the raspberry cups at the bottom. Enjoy! Also I changed my blogspot web address to http://fatwifesjourney.blogspot.com/. If you have any issues because of it let me know. Thanks THIS IS NOT A HEALTHY RECIPE (thats why I havn;t eaten any)

Raspberry Cups:

Store bought cookie dough Raspberry Jelly Slivered Almonds Chocolate Chips - Semi Sweet Plain Gelatin Packets for baking not eating 2tblsp Sugar Spray with cooking spray a mini cupcake pan and put about 3/4 tblsp to 1 tblsp dough in each cup and bake according to time on package. When they are right out of the oven take a wooden spoon, dip it into the sugar and press down the center of the cookies to form a cup. Let cookies cool 30mins on cooling rack. Chop up the slivered almonds to desired size. Mix left over sugar into almonds. In microwave melt chocolate chips on 30 seconds blasts stirring between each time until you have a thick melt. The chocolate should not be hot to the touch when melted. When cooled dip just the tops of your cups into the chocolate and then the almonds. Let sit for 1 hour to harden. Filling: In a little pot put all your jar of raspberry jelly and 1 gelatin packet. Heat till mix just coats a spoon. Take off the heat and pour jelly mix into each cup until filling is level with the edges. The filling will soke a little into the cookies making them nice and moist. It's ok if they leak through a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment