17 December 2010

Smart Meal

Yesterday I had my follow up appointment with my surgeon. It went well except for their scale is a couple of pounds high. Since they had me at a higher weight then what my usual scale says I had to weigh myself this morning and I am still at 327lbs for now. I have been back to work now for a week. So I was working 5 days after my surgery. I am at a desk right now but it's still pay. I have been having a pain on my left side lower on the rib cage, the doc said it's the muscle trying to heal to the bone again! He said that they put so much air in you when they are poking around inside you that there is a possibility the muscle will separate from the bone a bit. This is what he thinks is happened with me so I am stuck at the desk another week to give it time to heal better. That's kind of a weird thought, knowing that you were blown up like a balloon so much that your muscles were pulled off your bones. Since there scale scared me last night saying I was up 5lbs I came up with a yummy little dinner that was only 199 calories per serving! 1 cup egg beaters 2 cups uncooked mushrooms (baby protabelo) 4 tbsp mild chunky salsa 6 pieces of turkey lunch meat (the kind I use is 90cal for 6 slices) 1 small shallot 1 tsp minced garlic 2 slices fat free cheese salt and pepper to taste Cut your mushrooms and shallot into slices and in a pan saute' mushroom, shallot and garlic till soft. Add in your salsa in at this point. Once thoroughly combined set mix aside. Cut your turkey into bite size pieces, put them into a pan just till they are warmed through. Then set them aside. Take a 1/2 cup of your egg beaters and pour into a hot pan (make sure your pan is well sprayed with cooking spray) After your egg starts to bubble put half your mushroom salsa mix on one side and half of your turkey on the other side. Carefully fold egg in half. (this is the part i always mess up) Use 1 slice of cheese and rip it in half and lay over top of eggs and cover for about 30 seconds to get nice and melty. Obviously this make 2 servings at 199cals each. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shannon,

    I just found your blog and wanted to offer some support. I was banded in February and have lost more than 100 lbs. I am at goal now and so happy I did it! It sounds like you're doing great. Just keep plugging away! Stop by if you like http://amandakiska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete