22 February 2011

Chase That Twinkie!!

Today I tried my hand at running. I was pleasantly surprised how well I did. I say I ran about .7 of a mile and walked the rest of about a mile and a half. Also did a good bit of lunges and squats. I have no idea how many calories I burned but it felt good! I just want to run more and more until I can just go as long as I want to mentally and not have to stop physically. When I was at this weight before I wanted nothing to do with working out. Now I am learning to love it. I ran with my hubby today and it was nice. He was very encouraging, except of his training opinions of me. I mentioned I was training for the Warrior Dash in September. He doesn't think I can do it. I am trying to prove him wrong with all my might. I tried telling him that I don't care about winning, just finishing. I don't think he really understands were I am coming from. I just want to do this because I never could before. I want to push myself because to me it symbolises a new life for me. A chance to show myself that this is who I really am becoming.
I am also trying to get my hubby to do the Great Urban Race with me in July. It looks like a lot of fun and a great challenge. I am trying to find more stuff for trying to get us out of the house active over the summer. Plus it gets us trying new stuff. I am really going to have to do convincing to get him to that one I think since it's more of a scavenger hunt then a race. I can't wait :D
Until tomorrow my friends!
p.s.
I just talked to my dad and was given some bad news. Our dog is being put down tomorrow. He is in bad shape. He has a tumor, has no bladder control and there is blood in his urine. He is 13yo so he has had a long life and a spoiled one. Not looking forward to tomorrow :(

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your dog. It doesn't matter the circumstances, that is always tough.

    Congrats on the running! I started running last May and slowly but surely it is getting a little easier. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey - so sorry about your dog.

    I could kick that hubby of yours. You will do this warrior race and I may do it with you just to prove to him we both can do it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Im so sorry to hear about your dog, but u can take solace that u gave him the best spoiled life ever :)

    As for husband thinking u cant do the warrior dash, yes u can!!! u show him :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about your pup, sweetie. I know he'll be at peace, if he's been in pain for a while, so that's the only good news. :(

    And you CAN DO IT! Maybe he's just trying to psych you out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your family dog. That sucks!

    You CAN to those events. I know you can!

    ReplyDelete