17 February 2011

Fill Warrior

Well I didn't get all the fill I wanted but I got most of it. I asked for a full cc but my surgeon didn't feel comfortable being out of town for the weekend. So I said lets compromise and do 0.7cc fill. He agreed so I am at 5.2cc in my 10cc band. I could defiantly feel the difference. For dinner I made mini ground turkey covered mushrooms and a bow tie pasta. I had to chew so much my jaw felt like it was going to fall off. When I went to bed at 10:00pm I still felt satisfied though. Then this morning I got full off of 18oz of water. Fingers crossed that this does the job!! A little weirdness...before I ate when I was making dinner I did feel a tad bit nauseous. It went away pretty quickly though. I know allot of people aren't as comfortable as I am being so aggressive with the fills but I only have insurance approval though July to get them done. I know I will have to go back eventually in the future to get adjusted, but hey dive in head first right? :D So for the last couple weeks you have had to hear me bitch and complain about the scale not moving and how I am not losing any weight. How I struggled for that 1.6lb loss this week. Apparently from the 19th of January until today I have lost 12lbs! It was a huge surprise because I thought I hadn't been losing very well. My surgeon was more than pleased with my progress and said I was actually losing faster then he aimed for. I will shut my trap and take the 12lbs with dignity and stop saying "well I could be doing better". Hell I don't even remember the last time I lost 12lbs in 4 weeks, let alone felt bad about not losing more. I have my 2nd personal trainer appointment today and I am so excited to tell her about my 1.6lb lost. I am so thrilled to tell her all about the hard work I have been putting in and get her ideas on how to tweak it a bit. I am also going to see if she can incorporate into the workout training for the Warrior Dash. That is a 5K run/obstacle course that my husband and I are going to do in September. So excited! It would be great to get her input on how to train better for it. Stay tuned for more....

6 comments:

  1. So proud of you!! You're doing awesome. :) Hope this fill gets you where you need to be fill-wise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Warrior Dash sounds SO FUN! I'm going to look into one in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesnt that progress just feel amazing when you see the big picture numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God I love that YOU are doing the Warrior Dash. Rambo has his all registered for...should I do it too? Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ drazil: HELL YES YOU SHOULD!!!!! It is goingto be an awesome challenge and great time to be had by all! :)

    ReplyDelete