09 February 2011

A Few Of My Favorite Things

In honor of my 100th post I am going to tell you all about some things that make using my band and losing weight that much easier.
First thing that I found was sesame stick! I can't tell you enough how much I love these things! SSSSOOOOO YUMMY! I found them one day at my local grocery store and have been munchin away at the ever since. This is my go to movie night snack. I put a cup in a baggie and bring it with me. Much better for you then even the theater popcorn. The brand that I get (sorry i don't it off the top of my head) is only 160 calories per serving! Sesame is also a good source of fiber and iron. Click on the last sentence for more healthy benefits :)
The second thing I found on my little journey that has made things so much easier is the blender bottle! I love this thing. I used to run my shake through my magic bullet but they always came out way to frothy. The extra air in my newly banded tummy was not very nice. With this I just shake it up and put it in the fridge over night for the next morning. Or I store some protein powder in the bottom for a quick bit of protein after I work out. I absolutely love this thing! I got mine through GNC. click here :)
The latest thing I found is the Bobble Bottle! With trying to get my minimum 64oz of water in each day I find it hard if you are somewhere that doesn't have the most desirable water source. This bottle has a filter right in it! It improves the taste of the water. Bonus all the bottles are made from recycled materials and are made in the good old USA. I drink 4 of these 18oz bottles full a day, which gives me 72oz a day. Each filter last for about 300 18 oz bottles full. they sell new filter caps online. Click here to take a look.
So that's all I have for now on my list. What are a couple of things that you love for your weight loss?
I posted a couple post ago that when I reach 50 follower I will do a giveaway. These items just might pop up in that giveaway. So spread the word people lets get this giveaway going!

7 comments:

  1. Shannon, I just saw your comment on the BOOBS blog and we welcome newcomers to the Chicago trip! be sure to bookmark that page as we will be posting over the enxt few weeks with polls and surverys to help with the planning. I'm stephanie by the way, one of last years organizers and I can be found at www.dreamsofskinnyhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been eons since I have had a sesame stick treat, making a note to join you in this passion. I need a blender bottle too, wow you are like in my head with what I want / need here.

    For my weight loss I have come to love using this site: http://www.loseit.com/index.jsp#Home

    I dont much like tracking calories and all that jazz, but this site has made it as easy as pie and it has helped me really know why I am succeeding and why I am stuck, which ever is true week to week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. patrick: i use there ipod app and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post...I must say I am addicted to sesame snacks as well and always have them on hand!

    ~S

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the idea of those water bottles. Think I may have to indulge in yet another bottle, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just curious about your water bottle...did you buy it online or at a retail store? If you bought it at a store, which one and did they sell the extra filters?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i bought the bottle at GNC in town here. I didn't see the refills there. Then again I didnt really look for them.

    ReplyDelete